Thursday, October 10, 2013

sweet strawberry pincushions

Who doesn't just love strawberries?  Even with it Fall you can't resist them.   Though the season may be over it still can bring that brightness into your day even when the weather is a bit cooler.  Lately, I've been busy making strawberry pincushions thanks to my sweet friend, Erin who invited me to the Strawberry Pincushion Swap.


I made my partner a prettified pincushion but changed the top with adding a pretty mini hexie flower with some of my favorite strawberry fabrics.    I loved making this version of Ayumi's pincushion.  I then made a mini strawberry pincushion and attached it to some cute birdie embroidery scissors for my partner.


I packaged up a few extra plush strawberries with the pincushions in a lovely strawberry basket and added some strawberry ribbon.   And it is winging its way to my partner and should hopefully be arriving soon.  I hope she likes her package.


Then yesterday I received the most amazing package from Amy of Nanacompany.  Even the box was as cute as can be!!


So much strawberry goodness I tell you!!  I just love the amazing large felt leaves with wool strawberries adorned to a fabulous pincushion jar!  Then a sweet plush strawberry pincushion and an adorable strawberry needle book.   I have been truly spoiled!


Aren't these the most fabulous leaves and wool strawberries!!  I love how creative Amy is!!   She is so talented!!


I can't wait to put the plush strawberry pincushion and needle book to use!!  They are perfect!!


For shop news, I added some lovely new Atsuko fabrics.  I have this larger bundle listed, and then I have them separated into smaller bundles too.   Aren't they so sweet!?!



See you soon, my friends!!

Hugs,

Kerri

13 comments:

  1. Those pincushions are so fun and whimsical, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm dying over here! So much sweetness. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am a strawberry fanatic, they're my favorite food and I collect strawberry fabrics and accessories for my home. This post makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute for words- OMGoodness I love the hexie pincushion. So very sweet all of it.
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty goodies to receive! It was definitely a sweet swap! Hope you are having a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow -- I LOVE that cute little hexie pincushion. You and Amy are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling package, you partner is very blessed to have you as her companion. I saw the gifts that Amy made on her blog and agree that everything she makes is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been such a fun swap! The package you made for your recipient is so pretty and the one Amy made for you is too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hexie pincushion is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! So so lovely! you are an artist! I love your blog... I invite to visit mine. Best regards! Montse http://lesmiliunaidees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Your pincushion is just adorable! May we have your permission to use it for a blog post in regards to a pin cushion swap we are hosting at Portland Modern Quilt Guild? Thanks for your consideration! Best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!