Monday, March 7, 2011

a dandy day!!

I have to say today is a "dandy day"!! :) I got back to working on my urban home goods project I started a couple weeks ago. Today is the deadline so I am a little behind, and am a bit embarrassed with me being one of the admin!! I should be scolded!! I still have the detailing to do on the cute little interactive piecing I'm doing of the oh, so cute dandy day print by Lucky Nielson!!

What do you think, should I make her into a pillow or mini wall quilt?

This week-end I spent a few hours and went antiquing with my girls!! We had lots of fun going to a Scandinavian town nearby and going to several shops, including a couple antique stores!! Here are a few things I found!

Vintage spools!!

A red Pyrex dish, along with some cute vintage hankies, and some vintage seam binding!


I also found this vintage pillow cover! It still needs a backing on it, but with it being square it seems it is was suppose to be a pillow cover.


Hope everyone is having a magical Monday!! :) Back to my UHGS project!!

10 comments:

  1. I love finding and collecting old pyrex! Yours looks to be in good condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all beautiful! I'm crossing my fingers for that little piece at the top :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you really hit the jackpot! really cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds. I love the spools in the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, if I'm your UHG partner take your time. I love the piece you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful! I am voting mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you show us how that vintage pillow cover is made using gingham fabric? It is really cute! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind of stores do you go to to get such cool vintage stuff? I'm in the Bay Area and have no idea where to go. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your new goodies and little miss dandy is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you find that gingham pillow cover in NW Arkansas or in Texas? My granny made one just like that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!